Mission Promise Neighborhood is a partnership between schools, community organizations, parents and community leaders to help low- and moderate-income families achieve financial stability while creating opportunities for their kids to graduate from high school and college.
About the Lead Agency
Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development. We envision generations of Latino families with sufficient assets to thrive. Inspired by the past and present life of the Mission District, families are rooted in vibrant, diverse and forward-thinking communities, have opportunities to grow, and are actively engaged in the civic and political life of their neighborhoods and the institutions that affect their lives.
Why MEDA is the lead agency:
- Long history of work in, and service to, the Mission District
- Emergence as a leader in major community initiatives: Plaza Adelante and SparkPoint
- History of success in community planning, large network of cross-sector partners
- Remarkable fund development capacity
- Full commitment to building assets for Latino families